All staff of Thames Valley DSB are able to borrow and/or stream
resources available from Resource Services free of charge.
Preview for Suitability:
- It is the responsibility of classroom teachers to preview all materials borrowed/streamed from Resource Services to ensure the suitability for his/her classroom. Audience levels listed in the "Audience" field are a range and may not be appropriate for all grades within that range.
- DVDs: 10 school days
- Audiobooks, Novels & Novel Kits: 30 school days
- Kits: various
Borrowers have the responsibility to return items on time
- Check the "You Return" date on the item's shipping label. If you
are unable to return by this date you must request an extension
on-line, by email or telephone. An extension to your booking will be
provided if available.
- Many teachers plan months in advance and late returns are not
just an inconvenience, they negatively impact students and their
learning; so please be respectful and committed to returning resources
- Borrowers are notified of overdue items via e-mail regarding
late returns. If possible, Resource Services staff will extend the
loan period on your behalf and will notify you of your new return
- If items cannot be extended it is expected that resources will
be returned to Resource Services in time for the next borrower. This
may require that you drop off the item in person to Resource Services.
Lost or Damaged Items
Any items later found and returned to Resource Services will
be reimbursed to the school account.
- An email notice will be sent to the borrower and school
principal detailing the replacement cost for any missing or damaged
items and the school account number that will be charged.
- Replacement costs:
- Novel (paperback) - $10.00 per item
- Novel (hard cover and graphic novel) - $13.00 per item
- Audiobooks - current purchase price
- DVDs - current purchase price for a circulating copy
- Kits - current purchase price
- Professional Book - current purchase price